Friday, February 5, 2010

Do Your "Home" Work

I have heard people say, “I’m not going to change a thing in my house; my grandchildren will just have to learn that they can’t touch my things.” Well, I would much rather relax and have fun with them than to constantly have to tell them not to touch things or have to worry about them getting hurt. It can be a matter of seconds before your precious grandchild gets into medicine that is left lying around, gets into your cleaning supply cabinet, falls down the stairs, or is cut by an item that has broken. For everyone’s sake, please start thinking about childproofing well in advance of your grandchild’s first visit. Check out this website for ideas on childproofing your home.

It is a good idea to consult with your children on childproofing - they will have lots of ideas and will appreciate that you asked them.

On a personal note, I have changed my cleaning supplies to natural products. I just feel safer knowing that if they ever did get into it, the results wouldn’t be devastating. And last but not least, a smoke-free environment is the best thing for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment